Founded in 2000, Six Shooter Records is a full-service music universe with label, publishing and management companies built on a mandate of working with artists committed to a lifetime career in music. Our primary goal is artistic excellence. With over 20 years of experience, Six Shooter pushes the boundaries of art and innovation with a critically acclaimed roster that defies classification, a growing team that values integrity, expertise and professional advancement, and a steadfast commitment to artist development and longevity. Six Shooter Records is headquartered in Toronto, read our full land acknowledgement here and our Code of Practise here.
Ours is a fast-paced, friendly environment with an enterprising culture. We seek a full time member of our operations team. Responsibilities will be as follows:
PRODUCTION & DISTRIBUTION
- New release set up and maintenance for digital and physical releases with our distributor.
- Communicate with our distributor to activate and maintain song and video clearances, upload and sync lyrics and tag for all new releases and back catalog, submit IP copyright claims and corrections for incorrect listings.
- Coordinate physical production of all CDs and Vinyl with artist managers, manufacturers and our distributor.
- Maintain inventory management system for all Six Shooter and distributor stock, coordinate represses as required with Director of Operations, order CD stock from distributors for artist tours and webstore needs and act as main point of contact for all physical unit purchase orders and shipments needed from distributor’s warehouses. Manage Six Shooter’s internal and external storage spaces.
- Develop a yearly Six Shooter merchandise and campaign plan that includes researching, suggesting and executing merchandise production and launch dates in coordination with the marketing department.
- Manage the Six Shooter Records Webstore. Duties include, but are not limited to, proactively suggest and, once approved, execute campaigns (within Shopify), manage the content and deliver proper reporting to the marketing and finance departments, be the main point of contact for all customers, create banners and creative pop ups for the store, mail out all customer orders in a timely manner.
- Shipping: coordinate and execute all press mailouts, promo mailouts, couriers, and stock fulfillment with distributors.
- Research and apply for artist awards for label roster.
- Service singles to radio such as CBC, Sirius XM, College Radio, and PlayMpe (as needed).
- Coordinate with both internal and external management associates for the fulfillment of offstage orders for artists’ tours. Proactively check in with artist management teams monthly especially in advance of tours, festival seasons, etc to ensure adequate inventory is on site to meet artists’ needs. Assist associates in getting their orders submitted and shipped on schedule. Review orders in Monday system for accuracy for accounting purposes, adjust inventory as needed, and provide shipment tracking details if necessary.
- Assist with retrieving information for upcoming grants such as ship and sales history as well as providing assistance to multiple departments during grant completion.
- Schedule, attend, and take notes at meetings, be the central communication hub for the department (internally & externally), and follow up with team members to ensure tasks are completed. Share weekly updates with external partners.
- Provide deadlines to marketing and art departments during pre-release period for artwork needed for physical releases, metadata needs, release schedules to ensure smooth releases.
- Research, build and maintain key marketing databases and customize targets for each release, as well as update new release data and maintain existing data in metadata software.
- Coordinate and execute all promotional mail-out duties for domestic & international radio, press, and industry mail-outs including updating databases, ordering materials (envelops, stamps, CDs), manufacturing CDs domestically and abroad.
- Coordinate newsletter distribution.
- Assist the Director of Operations in event management such as procurement of materials for album release events, coordinating catering, event tech requirements, logistics of our annual staff conference, coordinating travel and accommodations for out of town staff, etc.
- Provide support to the marketing department when needed.
- Spearheading holiday initiatives such as the Jon Box Sox Drive, holiday card printing, updating holiday database.
- Participating in and attending Six Shooter shows and events.
- In office tasks such as answering the phones, checking + sending messages, processing mail and couriers, actively maintaining office cleanliness
- Responsible for maintaining the office’s organization, database management, onboarding of new staff, and events.
- Main point of contact for accounts such as Six Shooter’s property management company, cleaning service, internet/phone service, IT company, storage facilities
- Managing hospitality requests related to Six Shooter such as ordering flowers or gifts, greeting guests
- Sign up for industry newsletters via the email@example.com email and share any relevant deadlines, info, etc with the proper departments. (CIMA, A2IM, Factor, Radio Starmaker, etc)
- Organize and update Six Shooter’s membership database and awards tracking database
- Experience in the Canadian music industry for 2+ years
- Self-starter who brings a diverse perspective, with exceptional attention to detail, solid time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize, while staying ahead of deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward-thinking planner
- Proficiency with top social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Photoshop and Slack
- Experience with online newsletter logistics and distribution
- G level driver’s license
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs boxes on occasion
- Education related to the music business or other related field
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite of products, Notion, Monday.com, and Shopify (including Shopify supported apps)
- Proficiency with various funding bodies
- Optimistic minded with positive energy and outlook
- Passionate about music with a solid grasp of the Canadian music scene and willingness to keep up with industry events and news
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; a team player, willing to pitch in whenever needed
Position: Operations Manager
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00AM – 6:00PM EST
Location: Toronto-based exclusively. This is an in-office position.
Compensation: Annual salary range from $40,000-$55,000 to be determined commensurate with experience, and health benefits.
Application Deadline: May 19, 2023
Start Date: As soon as possible
No phone calls please. Please click this link to apply.
We invite applications from all qualified candidates, especially from people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, differently abled, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act for applicants invited to an interview.