Founded in 2000, Six Shooter Records is a full-service music universe with label, publishing and management companies built on a mandate of working with artists committed to a lifetime career in music. Our primary goal is artistic excellence. With over 20 years of experience, Six Shooter pushes the boundaries of art and innovation with a critically acclaimed roster that defies classification, a growing team that values integrity, expertise and professional advancement, and a steadfast commitment to artist development and longevity. Six Shooter Records is headquartered in Toronto, read our full land acknowledgement here and our Code of Practise here.
Ours is a fast-paced, friendly environment with an enterprising culture. We seek a contract member of our management team, who will be key in performing day-to-day management duties. Responsibilities will be as follows:
- Prepare touring budgets/alternate scenarios to choose from
- Apply for and complete all touring grants
- Liaise with booking agents, signing contracts, checking routings and tour details including announce plans and marketing.
- Execute all tour logistics, including work visas, travel, advancing shows/events when there is no TM, gear and shipping logistics.
- Hire, liaise and communicate with artist teams (tech, musicians, etc).
- Ensure artist merchandise is ordered, shipped, and tracked as well as work with manager/merch company on overall merchandise strategy and marketing through socials/touring sales.
- Ensure all songs and set lists are properly registered, working with admin department.
- Share updates with label/marketing team, follow through on all projects, specifically execution of social media posting, monitoring and interaction.
- Attend all management and marketing meetings related to the artist and act as central communication hub
- Ensure all tour marketing posts/announces are executed correctly (including tags/hashtags) and in a timely manner as per content calendar
- Work with artist to ensure personal social media posts occur.
- Oversee accounts such as Patreon, where necessary.
- Provide production assistance & management to all photo & video shoots, live stream performances, interviews, recording sessions etc.
- Maintain admin/personal information files as well as portals and password maintenance.
- Manage/organize artist files in an easy to use and orderly fashion.
- Work with label/publisher on metadata
- Work with business manager where relevant for payments and receipt maintenance.
- Special projects for artist, as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in the Canadian music industry for 3+ years
- Experience in live music and touring
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize, while staying ahead of deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, a self-starter
- Proficiency with top social media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Slack.
Nice to Haves & Attributes:
- Education related to the music business and/or artist management
- Optimistic with positive energy and outlook
- Passionate about music and advocating for artists
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; a team player, willing to pitch in whenever needed
Position: Artist Management Associate (Full-Time, Contract with a possibility of permanence)
Reporting to: President, Six Shooter Inc.
Contract Period: April 2022 – Sept 2023
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00AM – 6:00PM (EST)
Location: Toronto, ON
Compensation: Salary range from 45K-60K to be determined commensurate with experience, and health benefits.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2022
Please Apply Here and attach any documents in PDF format within the application.
No phone calls please.
We invite applications from all qualified candidates, especially from people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, differently abled, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act for applicants invited to an interview.