Established in 2000 in Toronto, Six Shooter Records is a full-service music company with a diverse roster that includes artists in the genres of Americana, country, rock, and avant-garde. In addition to being a label and a publisher, the company also provides artist management services. Since its inception, Six Shooter has released over 140 albums. Our artists have been consistently recognized in national award programs, including the JUNO Awards, Polaris Music Prize, SOCAN Awards, Canadian Folk Music Awards, and others.
Ours is a fast-paced, friendly environment with an enterprising culture. We seek a new member of our marketing team, who will be key in performing day-to-day social media duties. Responsibilities will be as follows:
- Execute and plan social media content across platforms that are consistent with the company’s brand and artists’ identity
- Coordinate and assist in the creation of consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms. This includes writing social media copy, formatting existing graphic, and video creative into various formats for digital and print campaigns. Creating, editing, and enhancing short-form videos for TikTok, Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts.
- Consistently stay up to date and report best practices and emerging trends in social media; apply findings to ongoing campaigns as well as artist and company accounts.
- Assist in the community engagement on artist and company socials (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). This includes communicating with social media followers via direct messages, responding to comments/retweets in a timely manner.
- Manage a high volume of daily social media posts across company + artist socials.
- Suggest recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results.
- Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content.
- Actively collaborate on the strategy and development of marketing plans for priority label projects.
- Assist the Management Team with the communication of artist Socials (sharing links, press, important events and information).
- Assist with development and execution of contesting and promotions.
- Assist in scraping and gathering of social media analytics for reporting purposes.
- Manage social influencer programs and attend social influencer events.
- Curate Apple and Spotify playlists, refreshing Spotify Six Shooter Essentials playlist and sharing links.
- Updating the Six Shooter Records website news section when needed.
- Manage / create GIPHY links and content in collaboration with Artist in Residence/Graphic Designer.
- Assisting with grant applications and completions for both the label and management clients as requested. Including but not limited to proofing copy, gathering marketing material examples, and collaborating on marketing development plans.
- Other duties as required.
- Proficiency with top social media platforms (e.g, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Video editing and basic graphic design abilities
- Excellent creative copywriting skills
- Passionate about music and social media
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize, while staying ahead of deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, a self-starter and risk-taker
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Optimistic with positive energy and outlook
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; a resourceful team player, willing to pitch in whenever needed
Nice to Haves & Attributes:
- Experience in the music industry for 2+ years
- Education related to the music business, digital marketing, or communications
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite products and Notion
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Slack, Sprout Social, Facebook Business Manager and YouTube Studio
Position: Social Media Content Manager
Reporting to: Director of Digital Strategy & Marketing
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Location: Toronto, ON.
Compensation: Salary range from 40K-50K to be determined commensurate with experience, and health benefits.
Application Deadline: October 18, 2021
In the application, please provide your resume and cover letter in one PDF document in the “Resume” upload section. Upload your resume here.
No phone calls please.
We invite applications from all qualified candidates, especially from people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, differently abled, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act for applicants invited to an interview.