Established in 2000 in Toronto, Six Shooter Records is a full-service music company with a diverse roster that includes artists in the genres of Americana, country, rock, and avant-garde. In addition to being a label and a publisher, the company also provides artist management services. Since its inception, Six Shooter has released over 140 albums. Our artists have been consistently recognized in national award programs, including the JUNO Awards, Polaris Music Prize, SOCAN Awards, Canadian Folk Music Awards, and others.
Ours is a fast-paced, friendly environment with an enterprising culture. We seek a new member of our management team, who will be key in performing day-to-day management duties. Responsibilities will be as follows:
– Prepare touring budgets/alternate scenarios to choose from
– Apply for and complete all touring grants
– Liaise with booking agents, signing contracts, checking routings and tour details including announce plans and marketing.
– Execute all tour logistics, including work visas, travel, advancing shows/events when there is no TM, gear and shipping logistics.
– Hire, liaise and communicate with artist teams (tech, musicians, etc).
– Ensure artist merchandise is ordered, shipped, and tracked as well as work with manager/merch company on overall merchandise strategy and marketing through socials/touring sales.
– Ensure all songs and set lists are properly registered, working with admin department.
– Share updates with label/marketing team, follow through on all projects, specifically execution of social media posting, monitoring and interaction.
– Attend all management and marketing meetings related to the artist and act as central communication hub
– Ensure all tour marketing posts/announces are executed correctly (including tags/hashtags) and in a timely manner as per content calendar
– Work with artist to ensure personal social media posts occur.
– Oversee accounts such as Patreon, where necessary.
– Provide production assistance & management to all photo & video shoots, live stream performances, interviews, recording sessions etc.
– Maintain admin/personal information files as well as portals and password maintenance.
– Manage/organize artist files in an easy to use and orderly fashion.
– Work with label /publisher on metadata
– Work with business manager where relevant for payments and receipt maintenance.
– Special projects for artist, as required.
– Other duties as required.
– Experience in the Canadian music industry for 2+ years
– Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize, while staying ahead of deadlines in a fast-moving environment
– Ability to work independently and in a team environment, a self-starter
– Proficiency with top social media platforms
– Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
– Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Slack, Adobe.
Nice to Haves & Attributes:
– Education related to the music business and/or artist management
– Optimistic with positive energy and outlook
– Passionate about music and advocating for artists
– Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; a team player, willing to pitch in whenever needed
Position: Artist Management Associate
Reporting to: President, Six Shooter Inc.
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00AM – 6:00PM (EST)
Location: Temporarily remote, due to COVID-19. Toronto, ON post-COVID.
Compensation: Salary range from 40K-55K to be determined commensurate with experience, and health benefits.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2021
Please apply via the “Apply Here” link on this page.
No phone calls please.
We invite applications from all qualified candidates, especially from people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, differently abled, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act for applicants invited to an interview.