Established in 2000 in Toronto, Six Shooter Records is a full-service music company with a diverse roster that includes artists in the genres of Americana, country, rock, and avant-garde. In addition to being a label and a publisher, the company also provides artist management services. Since its inception, Six Shooter has released over 140 albums. Our artists have been consistently recognized in national award programs, including the JUNO Awards, Polaris Music Prize, SOCAN Awards, Canadian Folk Music Awards, and others.
Ours is a fast-paced, friendly environment with an enterprising culture. We seek a new member of our marketing team, who will be key in performing day-to-day social media duties. Responsibilities will be as follows:
– Execute and help plan social media content across platforms that are consistent with the company’s brand and artists’ identity
– Coordinate the creation of consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts. Work closely with Artist in Residence and Creative Content Manager to curate content (videos, graphics, etc), improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns
– Manage a high volume of daily social media posts across label + artist socials
– Assist in scraping and gathering of social media analytics for reporting purposes
– Execute community management, which includes communicating with social media followers via direct messages, responding to comments/retweets in a timely manner
– Manage social influencer programs and attend social influencer events
– Curate Apple and Spotify playlists, refreshing Spotify Six Shooter Essentials playlist and sharing links
– Assist in the community engagement on Artist and Label socials (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
– Updating the Six Shooter Records website news section when needed
– Manage / create GIPHY links and content in collaboration with Artist in Residence/Graphic Designer
– Suggest recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results
– Staying up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media
– Format existing graphic and video creative into various formats for digital and print campaigns
– Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content
– Collaborate on the strategy and development of marketing plans for priority label projects
– Assist the Management Team with the communication of artist Socials (sharing links, press, important events and information)
– Assist with development and execution of contesting and promotions
– Assisting with grant applications and completions for both the label and management clients as requested. Including but not limited to: proofing copy, gathering marketing material examples, collaborating on marketing development plans
– Other duties as required.
– Experience in the Canadian music industry for 2+ years
– Proficiency with top social media platforms (e.g, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
– Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize, while staying ahead of deadlines in a fast-moving environment
– Ability to work independently and in a team environment, a self-starter
– Excellent creative copywriting skills
– Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
– Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Slack, Social Sprout, Facebook Business Manager and YouTube Studio.
Nice to Haves & Attributes:
– Education related to the music business or digital marketing
Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite of products and Notion
– Optimistic with positive energy and outlook
– Passionate about music and social media
– Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; a team player, willing to pitch in whenever needed
Position: Social Media Coordinator
Reporting to: Director of Digital Strategy & Marketing
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Location: Temporarily remote, due to COVID-19 (EST time zone hours). Toronto, ON post-COVID.
Compensation: Salary range from 40K-50K to be determined commensurate with experience, and health benefits.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Please apply via the “Apply Now” link here.
No phone calls please.
We invite applications from all qualified candidates, especially from people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, differently abled, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act for applicants invited to an interview.