Founded in 2000, Six Shooter Records is a full-service music universe with label, publishing and management companies built on a mandate of working with artists committed to a lifetime career in music. Our primary goal is artistic excellence. With over 20 years of experience, Six Shooter pushes the boundaries of art and innovation with a critically acclaimed roster that defies classification, a growing team that values integrity, expertise and professional advancement, and a steadfast commitment to artist development and longevity. Six Shooter Records is headquartered in Toronto, read our full land acknowledgement here and our Code of Practise here.
Ours is a fast-paced, friendly environment with an enterprising culture. We seek a new member of our marketing team, who will be key in performing day-to-day social media duties. Responsibilities will be as follows:
- Execute and plan social media content across platforms that are consistent with the company’s brand and artists’ identity.
- Assist in curating and executing consistent, meaningful and original content on all social media platforms for both the company and the artists. This includes writing social media copy, formatting existing graphics, and video creative into various formats for digital and print campaigns. This also includes creating, editing, and enhancing short-form videos for TikTok, Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts.
- Consistently stay up to date and report best practices and emerging trends in social media; apply findings to ongoing campaigns as well as artist and company accounts.
- Assist in the community engagement on artist and company socials (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Discord, NetEase, etc.). This includes communicating with social media followers via direct messages, responding to comments/retweets in a timely manner.
- Manage a high volume of daily social media posts across company + artist socials.
- Suggest recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results.
- Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content.
- Actively collaborate on the strategy and development of marketing plans for priority label projects.
- Assist the Artist Management Team with the communication of artist socials (sharing links, press, important events, tours announcements and other information).
- Curate and share Spotify playlists as well as refresh Spotify Six Shooter Essentials playlist during releases.
- Update Six Shooter Records news section as well as artists websites as requested.
- Write, assemble and send out company newsletters as needed.
- Assist with development and execution of contesting and promotions.
- Assist in scraping and gathering of social media and website analytics for reporting purposes.
- Manage social influencer programs and attend social influencer events.
- Assist with grant applications and completions for both the label and management clients as requested. Including but not limited to proofing copy, gathering marketing material examples, and collaborating on marketing development plans.
- Other duties as required.
- Proficiency with top social media platforms (e.g, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Video editing and graphic Design (AfterEffects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro…)
- Excellent creative copywriting skills
- Resourceful team player, a self-starter and risk-taker
- Passionate about music, social media and content creation
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize, while staying ahead of deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, willing to pitch in whenever needed
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Optimistic with positive energy and outlook
NICE TO HAVES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience in the music industry for 2+ years
- Education related to the music business, digital marketing, or communications.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite products, Monday.com and Notion
- Podcasting and/or Discord experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Slack, E-Clincher, MailChimp, Meta Business Suite and YouTube Studio
Position: Social Media Content Manager
Reporting to: Director of Digital Strategy & Marketing
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00AM – 6:00PM (ET)
Location: Toronto, ON. Six Shooter currently experimenting with an office/WFH hybrid model, subject to change as the world evolves.
Compensation: Salary range from 40K-50K to be determined commensurate with experience, and health benefits.
Application Deadline: October 10th, 2022
Click here to apply and please attach a resume and cover letter in one PDF in the Resume upload section.
No phone calls please.
We invite applications from all qualified candidates, especially from people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, differently abled, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act for applicants invited to an interview.