You’re quick on the draw, and you can roll with the punches. You have a flair for presentation and a sharp mind for strategy. And you’re a stickler for the details.
We are looking to fill the position of Marketing Department Coordinator to work out of head office in Toronto, ON. This position encompasses a range of organizational duties and creative opportunities that demand both methodical and flexible thinking. We are looking for a smart, resourceful, ambitious, and dynamic person to boost our marketing department’s capacity, and to strengthen the organizational backbone for the team. Impeccable writing skills and proficiency in excel are musts. This is an entry-level position with excellent career growth opportunity as our company and reach expand internationally.
MARKETING DEPARTMENT COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
- Contribute creative and strategic input to artist and company marketing campaigns, including ideas for visuals, socials, promotions, contesting, launch parties, partnerships, and more.
- Collate and build marketing plans, budgets and schedules for these campaigns. Communicate these plans to distributors, agencies, third-party promotional teams, and funders. Set up art assets for easy access by the whole team.
- Project management and facilitation of each campaign, including follow up with fellow team members to keep everyone on task and on point, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and offering additional support wherever possible.
- Spearhead the submission process for grant applications and award applications. This includes the timely and accurate submission of information for FACTOR artist ratings.
- Coordinate production of physical product, including communicating with designers, printers, and manufacturers. Collection of label copy for each release from all involved parties. Assuring that copies are sent to all participating parties (ie, musicians, studios, producers, designers) with acknowledgement of their involvement.
- Make friends with indie retailers and college radio programmers. Call them up for each release, talk music with them, and offer/negotiate ideas for promotions and contesting. Track chart success at college radio. Coordinate street campaigns.
- Source merchandise, work with designers and printers/manufacturers to create product lines for the artists and the company. Figure out pricing and shipping. Develop ideas for presentation.
- Take charge of the webstore, specifically: customer service, order fulfillment, creating promotions and tracking results.
- Lead the charge on the database system change to SynchTank. Research and maintain contact database of industry and press.
- Assist with the gathering and interpretation of data, including social media metrics, sales, advertising campaign results, and more.
- Archive masters, artwork, key press and promotional materials.
- Provide administrative support to the office, including answering the phones, handling mailouts and shipments, keeping the storage room organized and the office tidy/functioning.
- Provide administrative support to the marketing department, including coding and scanning of receipts.
- Provide administration support to the department heads, including handling some correspondence, assistance with scheduling, running errands, and arranging travel.
Starting salary is $26-$30k/year, with room for growth depending on performance.
Interested applicants can send their resumes to Shauna de Cartier, President, email@example.com, in an email entitled: Marketing Department Coordinator Job Submission